Friday, September 12, 2014

Weekly VLOG #6 (23/08-29/08): Culture night, the ocean and the lack of trash bins!

I am getting behind on these vlogs! However, let me tell you about the week that I had (23/08-29/08).



It started by my friends calling me and asking if I wanted to join them in watching the fireworks that were about to happen during Reykjavíks Culture Night (Menningarnótt). I jumped on the offer since I had been moping all week since I was alone (I talked about that in my last vlog). I was as well facing couple of my anxieties, crowds and going somewhere alone and hoping to find my friends.

Luckily I found them quickly and had a nice night! The next day (Sunday) I went to the beach, Icelandic style, which is in winter clothes! The beach was gorgeous and very refreshing. I found so much of sea glass!



As it was the last week before my classes would start I had to do some paper work and as I was walking around getting things done I noticed how dirty and trashy Reykjavík actually is (and I will have a full post on that later) and I noticed as well one of the reason why it is so trashy! There are NO trash bins anywhere! 

I as well did some necessary food shopping and realized even more how odd it is just to buy food for one and how much impact my betrothed had on dinner ideas. Even though I felt at times that I was doing it all by myself I can see now that that was all a lie!

And the at last the video! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I try to answer all of the comments but you can as well reach me on twitter @tafraises

Bisous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...