Thursday, April 7, 2011

Banana Bread with coconut oil and honey

I've been craving a good banana bread for some time now and a miracle happened, we had overripe bananas. This isn't something that happens often since we usually just eat the bananas! So I started to search for a perfect recipe but didn't find exactly what I wanted. So my base is this recipe, but I added my touch.

Ingredients:

240 gr of banana
180 gr flour
2 eggs
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 tablespoons honey

Mash the bananas, I like letting some clumps be left so there is some extra super banana bites. Add the eggs. Melt the coconut oil and the honey slowly and add to the mixture. Mix all slowly together and add the flour and baking powder.

Add into a what you want to bake it in. I chose the thing we bake the usual bread in.

Heat oven 180 Celsius (350 Fahrenheit) and bake for 30 minutes (until fully baked - do the stick test)

The bread is quite fluffy which I love, try eating it lukewarm with a bit of salted butter on top. Best thing ever.

I sadly didn't manage to get any good pictures of the bread, but the next time I'll bake it I'll take some pictures and add them to this post and let you know!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I try to answer all of the comments but you can as well reach me on twitter @tafraises

Bisous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...