Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review: Alba Botanica - Natural ACNEdote - Oil Control Lotion

Today I will be reviewing another skincare product, this one I had to order online and I did so because I really wanted to try some things from Alba Botanica! 

Alba Botanica is a cruelty free company that have 100% vegetarian ingredients and  they never use parabens, sulfates, or phthalates in their products! 


First I would like to mention what Alba Botanica believes this lotion will do:
Take your shine to the matte. In your corner: the ultimate, acne fighting, mattifying lotion with max strength 2% salicylic acid. This powerfully natural, botanically effective, oil-free formula keeps shine at bay while it weightlessly hydrates skin. Formulated with Salicylic Acid (naturally derived from Willow Bark Extract), zits are down for the count and you'll see a visibly clearer complexion. Never tight, never oily, skin is smooth, fresh and prepped for your day (or night). Dermatologist Tested. Non-comedogenic.
I don't have super shiny skin, but it is too shiny for my liking so I really wanted to try a mattifying lotion. I still want to try a mattifying lotion because the ACNEdote oil control lotion isn't mattifying at all.

The second claim the make is that the "zits are down for the count and you'll see a visibly clearer complexion".  I can't really confirm or deny this one since my skin has been odd for the past 3 months so I am not sure if the cream is helping or not. I have noticed my acne is quicker to go away again (but that could as well be down to other things I have been using).

At last, I think my biggest problem with this lotion is how it smells, it is revolting. I have to hold my breath when I put this on in the morning and the scent stays for some time!

The positive thing about this lotion is that my skin doesn't feel tight or oily, but that is about it.

I am going to continue to buy things from Alba Botanica but I think I will stay away from the ACNEdote collection!

Bisous

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I try to answer all of the comments but you can as well reach me on twitter @tafraises

Bisous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...