Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Productivity Tuesday - My Bedtime Routine

I want to start a new series of posts here on my blog. These will be about my challenge to become more productive!



I want to start with my bedtime routine. I must confess that I am a raging insomniac, there are nights when I go to bed and when my alarm rings I stand up and I haven't managed to sleep at all. But I feel that when I manage to follow my bedtime routine and just lay there for some hours I feel a bit rested and more ready to tackle the day than when I don't.

I know that bedtime routine is most of the time something for babies, but having one as an adult is pretty awesome.

I like to start getting ready for bed about one hour before I go to bed, I as well try to go to bed at the same time every night. Both of these things help my body to realize when I am going to bed. 

I try to start my bedtime routine at 9:00 PM


09:00 PM - 09:15 PM 

A quick tidy up around the apartment, it is strange how much you can accomplish in fifteen minutes.Usually I just put things in their right places, do some dishes or even quickly clean the floors.


09:15 PM - 09:30 PM

I like to drink my magnesium about this time, I really do feel that the magnesium helps me to sleep better! And read some blogs, answer e-mails and other internet related things.


09:30 PM - 09:45 PM

I use my boar bristle brush and start brushing my hair. I brush it through from the roots to the ends and braid my hair, then I start washing my face, brushing my teeth etc.


09:45 PM - 10:00 PM

My alarm clock has a special go to sleep setting and I just love to use it. I put the go to sleep mode on 15 minutes and read until the light has dimmed too low and then I put on couple of episodes of something I have already watched frequently and drift to sleep.

Next week I will be writing about how to get better sleep!


Bisous

4 comments :

  1. This was really interesting, I've never seen a post like this before! My mum has an awful time sleeping sometimes even when she is shattered so I'll need to tell her to do a bit of reading about mangnesium to see if it could work for her!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my doctor told me to start drinking magnesium to sleep better! Your mother should definitely check it out!

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh this was so interesting for me! I have such trouble sleeping! Actually it's 3am now and I just can't sleep at all, I think it's all about winding down before bed and I should stop using my phone and stuff! Your alarm clock sounds really cool and relaxing! Really useful post hun! :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I really believe that winding down in the evening helps a lot with sleep and dealing with stress!

      Good luck :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking your time to comment! I try to answer all of the comments but you can as well reach me on twitter @tafraises

Bisous

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...